Friday, September 29

23 Days and counting!

Well It's been 23 days since I quit smoking. I have crocheted the sweater you see in the previous post, and a pair of matching booties, I finished a pair of slippers I started a long time ago, then I started to make another pair but they are not turning out very well. It's a different kind of yarn and tears easily so I can't take it apart and start over. I thought about getting another skein But I really don't like working with that kind of yarn, so I think I will just give up on them. I have done some more metal detecting, Just tonight, Found 2 pennies and a red hot wheels sports car, (Too bad it's not a real one.) There have been a couple of days I wished I had cigarettes but managed to hold out so far. Mostly because I couldn't find any but that's OK, it's for the best. I'm actually grateful that I didn't find any. There was one day that I found a 1/2 of one and managed to break it up instead of lighting it up. I was pretty proud of myself for that. It was easier than I thought it would be. I'm listening to my hypnosis tapes every day, and keeping my patch on. Been doing a lot of deep breathing exercises, and the ND quit line has been calling me about once a week.
Well Alicia started having racing heart problems again, I took her to the Drs. Office on Monday and Wednesday mornings. She saw a PA named Ginger, then on Friday we went to the emergency room and She saw Amy Cox, she is also a PA. She told us that she thinks Alicia is having panic attacks. I wasn't too surprised, I had just told Alicia on Wednesday that I thought that maybe that's was what she was having, for a couple of reasons. Both her Dad and Sister have them. The symptoms that she was having reminded me of what they have said about panic attacks. She has been under a lot of stress lately. With moving three time and starting two new jobs. She gave up the one at Leevers. She loves the one at Heartland Care. It is working out well, They have been very nice about her missing work for Dr. Appointments. She is going to be wearing a heart monitor on Monday just to rule out any possible heart problems. Then we will have to find a way to deal with the panic attacks. Well that's what's going on here. I'm getting too tired to type. Good night.

1 comment:

April said...

I'm really really happy that you've finally STUCK with the no smoking thing! Keep it up! Just think of Baby Aiden!