Friday, September 15

I Quit Smoking!

I guess I should put in a post. I have been keeping myself busy lately. Working which has been so easy this year it's almost a shame to even call it work. The kids have been great! Most of the time, so far any way, they have been sleeping all night. Well at least until 6:00 but by then it's time for them to get ready for the day anyway. The behaviors have been good. The year is going by so fast! I can't believe that it's already the middle of September. I had my last cigarette on Tuesday morning then went to bed for the day. I have been talking to a councilor from the ND Quit line. She is very nice and has given me ideas as what to do with my hands, Using "I messages". Like the one on my heading. Instead of saying I'm going to try to quit smoking again. I need to be more decisive and say I will quit. As funny as it sounds it has helped, I'm also using patches and and have a box of the lozengers for those extra special times, but mostly I use them when I first get up and in the afternoon I don't like to have my patch on while I take my evening nap so I keep a lozenger in my mouth until it's time for me to sleep and then when I wake up to go to work, I put on the patch. Well it has worked so far. Dwight has also given up the death sticks, Too I have not seen him smoke any and he is using the inhaler that he bought the last time we quit. It worked for him because the patches irritated his skin. Every time he put one on, when he took it off the area would be red and puffy for like two weeks and he would run out of places to put them.
Well as far as I know he has, He decided yesterday to go the lake to do some things. I hope he will be able to drive past Mission Bay market with out stopping, Hang in there Dwight! You can do it! I have been doing some metal detecting. I have been going over to my sister Diane's house. It's close to uptown and has been around for many years, I was hoping to find some good old coins, It's been interesting. I found some old ford parts. A lot of pop tops I quit digging them up after maybe 5. The thing is... The reading is very close to what a ring looks like, and I'm just a sucker for a reading like that. I did find one coin that was interesting. It was circular with a whole in the middle. On one side it says "Good for 5 cents in trade" the other side has 1407 on it. I have never seen any thing like it before and I have not had time to look it up on the internet. Our computer is acting funny again, I know we have had to remove at least 3 more Trojan viruses. It's a good thing we got this new software and we catch it before it gets too crazy.

Well I started this earlier and now it's after one so I think it will have to be good for now. I'm going to bed.

No comments: