Saturday, November 19

Wow a whole day of cleaning.

Well we are getting closer to being ready for Alicia's Graduation open house. It's funny how easy it is to ignore the dirt in your house until you decide to throw a party and then you start to do some serious cleaning and it's like woo how did it get so bad. I guess it's a good thing that we are going to have this party for Alicia. I got done with the entryway and the living room and 1/2 of the dining room done today. When I put it that way it doesn't sound like much, but I pulled out the furniture and vacuumed behind the couch and tables and everything, dusted and polished stuff, and even washed the plant leaves so they are shiny. So yeah I think the rooms look really good. Dwight had a busy day too. He got some work done on his pickup (so now he can get out of his pickup without rolling down the window and using the outside door handle. He finished putting the mop board around in the kitchen. Then he put up mop board around in the bathroom. Little job big improvement. So I think we both got a lot accomplished. I'm taking Monday and Tuesday off from work(so I will have like 6 days off in a row YAY!!) because we are going to go to Minot on Wednesday to get Alicia for the holiday and her party. Job Corp is having a Thanksgiving dinner and a program. I'm looking forward to that. Then I wanted to have some extra time so I can get the family room cleaned up, man that's going to be a challenge!! But I think I'm up to it? It's one of those rooms where we just started putting things and the next thing you know it looks like something you would see on that program Clean Sweep where they come in and there is barely room to walk through the room so they take every thing out of the room and have a big yard sale and then remodel. Well I won't get the remodel thing but if I can find a place for all the stuff I will be happy. I think we are going to need the room for the party. Even if only my family comes it will be a houseful. I have 6 brothers and sisters and with their family's and their children's family's it turns out to be quite a gathering. It's been a while since we have had any of our holidays in someone's home. Because of the volume of people we have found it easier for everyone if we rent some place like the parish center or TJ's ( a pizza place.) So yeah it will be interesting to say the least. Well I have to go do my dishes then I'm going to just sit and watch TV because I have earned it and there tomorrow I will tackle other parts of the house.

1 comment:

April said...

I'm sure the house will look GREAT. Your house isn't DIRTY, it just is too small to hold all your stuff!
Can't wait to see everything all put together!