Tuesday, December 28

All about Zoey.

I'm thinking that if I want to put another picture on my blogspot, the sooner I do that, the better the chance that I will remember how I did it. Since we have so many pictures of our cat Zoey. I thought I would say a few thins about her. She was originally my daughter Aprils cat, no wait she was her boyfriend Kevin's cat. He couldn't keep her in his apartment. "No pets allowed" So April said that she would keep her until they got married and got a different apartment. Since she already had a rabbit, she didn't think a cat would be a problem. However since "animals were not allowed" in her apartment either and Zoey liked to sit in the window. She was soon discovered so April needed to find someone to take her. But only until she and Kevin got married and found a new place that allowed pets. Well April and Kevin are married now, and they are living in another apartment, (that doesn't allow cats) But they now have another cat, who's name changes every time she talks about him on her blog. April didn't want to take Zoey away from her sister Alicia, who had become quite attached to Zoey. I don't think Zoey would want to move either because she is use to us now and both Kevin and April decided she should stay with us. Long story short, Zoey is now a permanent member of our family. We had her declawed and spaded per Aprils request before we knew we would be keeping her. This appears to have altered her personality in ways we didn't expect. For example she doesn't like to be touched very much. She will put up with humans for maybe 5 minutes if your lucky. Then she just walks away or mews at you. She is antisocial in many ways. But she doesn't like to be left alone. If she doesn't know where we are she walks through the house meows until she finds us. I don't know what she does when we are all gone. As far as we can tell she sleeps. Well this is getting a little windy so I'm going to post it and see if I can send some more pictures.

1 comment:

April said...

FOR THE RECORD: If I realized how cruel getting cats declawed really is, I wouldn't have done it. I should have researched it a little more. With what happen to Zoey, I vow never to declaw a cat again, cause it is just down right mean.