Wednesday, June 22

I have been so bad about posting!

Well here I am. Finally getting something typed. The days go by so fast, I feel like I'm always busy and yet when I look around my house is a mess, I still have some yard work to do, the dishes are waiting for me and the check book needs some attention. But no here I sit typing on my blog! Dwight and I took the car to the dealers tonight they are going to check out some things and hopefully put in my car starter. We were putting oil paint on the Barn at work. We were waiting most of the day for it to start raining because that's what was predicted, We got a couple of sprinkles and we thought we would put the paint away. I still had a lot of paint in my pan and Sheri had tossed the can so I decided to try to get rid of the paint by rolling it all quickly. Then almost as fast as it started it stopped again. So we both filled our pans again and we were painting away and the wind came up. Wet oil paint on the walls turned into grass dirt and cotton seeds. It was a mess. The roller and the pan was the same way. So we changed walls thinking that it would be better and it was for a while but soon the wind and sprinkles started again and we just gave up. It was coffee time anyway. We put every thing away in the barn and went to the dining room. We saw the boss (Dwight) and told him what had happened and that we thought we would just spend the rest of our shift in the air conditioned dining room. He just laughed like we didn't mean it, well I guess we both knew we wouldn't get away with it but he did say we could stop painting, So we cleaned up and organized the barn and I went looking for some paint to match a closet door that needed paint. We will do that tomorrow
if it actually rains as predicted, or if the wind is blowing like to day. I don't know how much of the barn is going to get painted at this rate. Well I'm sure I have board you to death but if you are reading this part thanks for the vote of confidence that I would actually come up with some thing interesting. Sorry to disappoint. Have a good night!

No comments: