Saturday, June 11

Wow... It's June 10th!

Wow I didn't ever realize that I haven't posted since June 1. It doesn't feel like it's been that long. I guess I have been busy painting at the School again this summer. This year I'm painting with Lisa Olson, she is the art teacher and part time interpreter, and Robert, he is a deaf man that worked as a councilor in the dorm. Next month he and his wife Holly (who is also the superintendents daughter) will be moving to Colorado, to his home town. He is very excited about that. Any way the time goes by so fast. After work I don't feel like doing much, but I have been reading other people's blogs especially my daughters, and writing comments. They have more intersting things to write about than I do. Painting has been going well. The first couple of days we spent preparing the barn for paint. It was nice being outside while the weather was nice even though I hate scraping, I also got to fill in mortar in between the bricks where it had fallen out. I didn't get to do much before it was time to leave and then the next day it started to rain. It's a tedious job, and when the rain started we had to go inside. Which was ok cuz that was about as much fun as scraping paint... Well a little more fun cuz it's different. We painted a ceiling in one of the classrooms. That sucks cuz I almost always get paint sprinkles on my face and glasses. The next place was one of the dorms we painted two bathrooms, of course we had to paint more ceilings. The rooms turned out pretty good. We did a little sponge painting and made it a two tone color, I liked it when it was finished. We got done with that yesterday. In the shower area's we use oil paint and I don't like to clean up that stuff but it was easy to work with.

Another thing that I have been busy with is I received my Michael Thurman 6 week body make over. I have had to watch some DVD's and listen to some CD's and put together a book the is my personal body make over. And the hardest thing has been that I have to eat 6 times a day.
I can't have dairy products. (I'm a milk drinker) Cut back on sugar and fat. Each meal has 2-3 oz. Of lean meat or 2-3 egg whites, a carb, (like a potato, rice, oatmeal, barley or a few other things I have never tried or ever wanted to) and last but not least Veggies or fruit. The fruit I love, I have tried some things that I don't usually eat but I love fruit. I think it's more limited than the veggies because there is more natural sugar. But for the most part it's been not too bad. The also tell you how you can customize it to your tastes. That is something I need to work on more. Then there is the exercise program. It looks so easy only 18 minutes 2 times a week. Guess what... I haven't started it yet. I'm thinking I will start it tomorrow if I can get them all figured out.


For my birthday Dwight bought me a touch lamp. Zoey likes to scratch her nose on it. When her nose tip touches it the lamp turns on. If it hits her fur nothing happens. One morning when Dwight woke up the light was on and she was sleeping on the couch close by the lamp. He said he turned it off and went to get the news paper and came back and the light was on again. Zoey was standing next to it, it was kind of funny. He wondered if she did it on purpose or not. Well she still likes to scratch her face with it but we haven't found it on again.

Well I can barely keep my eyes open until the next time.

2 comments:

April said...

Good luck with your six week body make over! I think you can do it, as long as you learn NOT TO CHEAT by eating CANDY! Licorice counts by the way!

I think you can do it, and I'll be here every step of the way to see how you're doing and keep you in check! I'll be your cheerleader "GO MOM GO GO GO MOM, GO MOM M-O-M that spells WINNTER!" YAY WOO HOO!!!"

April said...

MOM doesn't spell WINNTER! it spells WINNER!