Wednesday, June 1

Pictures of Job Corp

Alicia finally let me take a couple of pictures when she got back to JC yesterday. As you can see it's a no frills kind of place. But wow if only her bedroom at home could look like this. Well that's OK Alicia, it was nice to have you home the last few days. Too bad we didn't get you out to the lake, hopefully when you come home for summer break the boat will be out there and there will be something to do. This weekend is Devils Run here at Devils Lake. It's fun to see all those old cars. Poor Dwight he has had so many of the same kind of cars so it's a real ride down memory lane.

Today I started working at the Deaf school painting. Three of us painted a ceiling. The painting itself doesn't take that long, it's walking all over campus looking for the painting stuff like brushes, ladders, rollers, drop cloths and chasing down Dwight when we have a question. I did a lot more running than painting. Tomorrow will be better, because we took every thing we need over to the dorm today, so hopefully as soon as I get the paint mixed up we will be able to start painting. I'm feeling the ache already creeping into my body. I rolled the ceiling so it was a whole lot of looking up. Tomorrow we will be using oil paint so clean up will be harder, but we are going to paint a bathroom and it just holds up better in those areas. I think we are going to do some sponge painting so it should be interesting. Well that's all I have to say tonight. Good night.

1 comment:

April said...

Here's my comment, damnit mom! I like the pics of Alicia and Ryan. She looks happy there so far. The rooms look less prison like than I thought! Looks like a normal dorm room. Acutally BETTER than an average dorm room! Good luck with all that painting, at least you'll get a nice tan!