Monday, October 10

It was a productive weekend! Dwight got the siding finished on the garage in the backyard. He stayed home on Friday and worked so hard. Saturday he worked some more and I did laundry and mopped my new floor. That evening we went to a wedding reception for my nephew. It was at Thirsty bar, kind of a different place for such an occasion, but for the small amount of guest it worked out fine. I never knew they even had a place to do stuff like that. It was upstairs, in the bar. It was kind of loud and the acoustics were awful but it looked like everyone had a good time. I was a little surprised that they could have little kids in there but Diane, mother of the groom said that as long as the kitchen is open the can have kids in there. They will have 6 kids between them the bride, Sharon Moon, has 4 and Darryl has two. After the reception was over they had a DJ and a dance in the bar area. Those little kids always have such a good time at wedding dances. It's so much fun to watch them get into the music! Well we didn't stay long, Dwight can't take the noise. On Sunday He put the finishing touches on the garage and I worked on some of those annoying little things that we had left to take care of in the kitchen. It's so nice to see that project so close to being finished. I did a little touch up painting and finished the wall paper. I did some spray painting on my receipt box. I painted with a spray paint that looks like hammered silver when it's finished I really like the way it turned out. I have a lazy Susan type of container the has all my cooking utensils in it and I spray painted that to look like pewter. Then on the garbage can I panted the lid the same color as the lazy Susan thing, I will finsh the rest if that later. It turned out good too. I don't do too much spray painting but I was happy with the things I painted that way. Oh and we got our new light up. I t was kind of a pain getting it up because it was warped but once it was up I think it's going to be nice. It puts out more light than our old one. This morning Alicia called and said the she officially has received her diploma!!!!!!!! Yahoooooo Alicia. You did it!! I knew you would! I know it's been tough but I bet it feels good to see that official document that you worked so hard for ! Love you!

No comments: