Thursday, October 13

Well let's see what do I have to write about??

The weather... Today the fog is thicker than I can ever remember it being before. I hear that the sun is going to be shining soon and that will be the end of that. It's also suppose to actually get to be in the 60's today, That's pretty good for North Dakota this time of the year, especially since we have already had our first snow storm. Yeah the weather in ND is like no where else. But I'm not complaining at least we don't get hurricanes or earth quakes. I'll take snow storms and tornadoes any time. Of course we have been fairly lucky for awhile no weather too sever for some time now and they say that we are suppose to get a mild winter this year. Well that is if you can believe what the weather man says. Well enough of that.

I talked to Alicia last night. She went on a road trip to Grand Forks with Mr. Ellingson (April does that name bring back some memories) and his secretary. He is the Center Director for the Job Corp program in Minot. The meeting is called "The Industry counsel meeting" and she will talking to a lot of people about the program. Its like recruiting for Job Corps to find work palcements after the students have completed the program. She said they chose her over the more than 250 students to represent their program in Minot. She was a little over overwhelmed wondering why they would pick her, out of all the other student employee's, some of which have been there longer than she has. Well let's see.... She recently received her HS diploma and was also appointed a center ambassador, one of only 10 on center. Oh and she was also given a silver card. There is only one step higher (gold). Yeah, I'm guessing maybe that has some thing to do with it. She has been giving a lot of tours and I think that she knows the programs inside and out. Dwight and I have noticed that she is becoming more confident than she use to be, more of a leader than a follower and I think that they are seeing the same changes in her. We are so proud of all her accomplishments. I strongly support the program and I know that it's been tough but she had made the best of the situation and has grown in so many ways. She told me that she had to give a speech about the program and wasn't told until she got there. She said she had to make it up as she went along. I'm pretty sure she would not have been able to do that before she went there. It sounds to me like everyone was very impressed and she was even offered a couple of jobs when she completes her trade which is MSO (medical office support). Alicia I know you will read this and I just want you to know you are doing a great job keep it up! I love you. Mom

1 comment:

April said...

yay!!! Go lil' sistah!

Good job, it takes a lot to get up and speak in front of sooo many people, I'm proud of you!