Tuesday, March 25

Still trucking.

Tonight we find ourselves sitting in a Quality Inn in Tucumcari, New Mexico. Yes I spelled it right! But don't ask me to pronounce it. It's about 8:00 pm here we are sitting here trying to think of something to do. I found a tourist flyer that say, 'See the wolves," there is a wolf sanctuary near here. Oh Crap! I just looked on the map and realize that we passed it way back by Gallup! It's between Galopp and Grants. I was thinking we would be able to drive by there tomorrow on the way home, but I guess it will have to wait until we pass this way again. Well I wish I could say that we saw every thing and did every think that we wanted to do but the truth is it is impossible to do every thing there is to do, when you are passing through so many states. There are so many places that I wish we could have stooped at and do some metal detecting but there just isn't enough time and we don't know where to stop and ask for permission. Yesterday we went to Stanten it's an old mining ghost town. There are some claims there that belong to the GPA (Gold Prospectors of America), We became members when we went to the Gold show in Rapid City last spring.. We passed our metal detector's around but in the long run, it got too hot to keep it up too long. No we didn't see any snakes and we didn't wear the chaps that we bought, but maybe someday, who knows? We did pick up some sand that we thought might have some gold it, and we are going to pan it later.

When we were in Vegas we saw 4 shows that were all good. The last one had us laughing so hard. I don't even remember the last time I laughed that hard if or if I ever have. It was called "V" The Variety Show. I laughed so hard my stomach muscles hurt! well it's getting late and I'm tired so Later. Here are a couple more pictures...

More Vegas Magic.

No comments: