Thursday, January 6

Life with out snoring!

Well I haven't blogged since the new year and here it is January 6th. What have I been doing? I'm back at work for one thing. The kids are great, They are all sleeping through the night. Tuesday I picked up my CPAP machine (continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) which is the most common effective treatment for sleep apnea. In this procedure, the patient (me) wears a mask over the nose during sleep, and pressure from an air blower forces air through the nasal passages. The air pressure is adjusted so that it is just enough to prevent the throat from collapsing during sleep. Nasal CPAP prevents airway closure while in use, but apnea episodes return when CPAP is stopped or it is used improperly. ) which basically means that it is going to make sure I don't stop breathing while I'm sleeping. Oh and it also keeps me from snoring. Which I'm sure my husband will appreciate. But since I work nights he won't find out what it is like until Friday night. Hey that's only one night away. Wow time goes fast. Any way if he doesn't feel like he is sleeping with some kind of alien, I'm hoping that he will be able to sleep better knowing that I'm not going to stop breathing and of course that I'm not snoring. If you want to learn more about sleep apnea go to http://www.sleepfoundation.org/publications/sleepap.cfm or http://www.sleepapnea.org/
Now aren't you glad you read my blog today. You get to learn more then you thought possible reading a blog, maybe even more than you ever wanted to know about snoring and sleep apnea.
But I understand that there are a lot of people out there that have it, and don't know it. So if I help even one person out there learn more about him or herself I'm glad I shared this. I cheated a little by coping and pasting so if something doesn't read right it's because I'm working and it's 4:35 am and this old mind just isn't made to do this kind of stuff at this time of night. Why?? Cause I should be sleeping like everyone else that's why. Hope you all have a restful night bye for now.

1 comment:

April said...

YAY for my mom breathing!