Tuesday, February 22

Alicia's headaches are becoming my headaches

Well it's been awhile since I made a post. I'm having a good night at work, everyone is sleeping. My little night owl was awake when I came at 12:00 am but he fell asleep shortly after that. Hopefully he will stay that way.
At home things are about the same. Friday I took Alicia to see Jodi. She is the PA that has been seeing her for her migraine headaches, she decided to try her on some migraine medication. Imitrex (Spelling?) I thought finally trying something new, this is good. Well she was suppose to go to work at 5:00 and she went in to take a shower about 4:00 and came out said that her heart was pounding. Checked her pulse Yup it was 120. OK so we read the paper that came with the medicine and it says should not take if you suffer from any heart problems. Well we thought her heart problems were under control, I guess maybe not.

I called the clinic and they said to bring her right in. They hooked her up to a monitor to see what her heart was doing. Then we sat in the room. A nurse came in checked her blood pressure and it was 85/46 with a pulse of 107. Earlier that morning it was 146/84. So then the Doctor (one that we have never seen before and I can't remember his name) came in asked her where it hurt. (she was also complaining of chest pain) He put her through a few things and said does it hurt now? As he pressed on her chest. No. Does it hurt when I do this? Her face is all contorted, Yes. What about when I do this? Yes. Then he said your pain is not from your heart. You can't take the Imitrex and since most of the migraine medications are made with the same ingredients you won't be able to take most of them. Then he left. The nurse came back in gave her some of the same medication she had when she was having heart problems before, and later gave her a shot for her headache which had not gone away. They took her BP again and it was 96/55. She asked about going to work and he said sure no reason you can't there is nothing wrong with you. Huh? Did we hear right? There is nothing wrong with her? Ahhh... OK... Whatever. Then they sent her home. She still has a headache mind you. But no Drs. Excuse this time, Ah yeah there's nothing wrong with her.

She called work and told them she wouldn't be in. They didn't like it but what can you do? One of her manager told her to see Jodi and get an excuse for Friday. Later when she called to ask about her schedule they told her she is not on the schedule but that when ever she feels like it she can come in to work. What??? Yes you read it right. They said she will not be on the schedule but that she can just show up when ever she feels like it. So I guess she still has a job at Mc Donalds but she only has to work when she feels like it. Have you ever heard of such a thing????? My guess is that they can't fire her because she has always had an excuse from the Dr. And if they don't put her on the schedule and she doesn't ever come in then they can fire her ass. Well she went into work today from 4:00 to 9:00. I didn't get a chance to talk to her yet, so I don't know how it worked out. I guess that will be on my next blogg. Oh and she has an appointment to see Jodi again tomorrow morning. So long for now.

No comments: