Saturday, February 5

Alicia has Migraine headaches.

Alicia and I went to see a neurologist for her headaches. He told us that he can definitely say that she has no underling cause for her headaches such as tumors or diseases. Which is good. He also said there is no doubt that she is experiencing Migraine headaches. That there is no possible way to prove it but several ways she could lessen the severity. Such as going to bed the same time every night, getting up the same time each day, eat sensibility (Like eat 3 small meals daily and not one or two big ones.) She was told to only take medications such as Tylenol or Ibuprophen no more than 2 times in one week. To prevent over use of analgesic (pain medicine) which can also cause headaches. Great huh? Well I don't know how much of that she is actually going to do but she kinda got off on the wrong foot by staying up late watching videos last night. But she doesn't have to work today and she is 18 so what can you expect we all do it from time to time right? He also has put her on Amitriptyline which is been use for a long time to treat migraine headaches. She will take it once a day at bed time. It should also help her sleep better. So cross your fingers and hope that it helps. April maybe you could try using some of these same ideas. can't hurt to try.

We saw April for a little bit, she was working and didn't have a lot of time for us. We called her at 6:25 and offered to feed her, but Kevin was in town and he ranks much higher on her VIP list then we do. Which we fully understand. April saw the Dr. Yesterday too. She has an ear infection Hope you are feeling better soon.

Oh and by the way...

If anyone talks to Alicia and she tells you that I almost kill her and myself because of my driving in GF don't listen to her. She doesn't know what she is talking about. Ok I admit I missed 2 stop signs, but we were kinda out of town and there were no other cars in sight. I was looking for landmarks. And if she says we got lost. No we didn't get lost we just missed a turn and we were heading towards Fargo for a couple of blocks, instead of DL. Never did we not know where we were, or how to get back on track. After all that she said, she would drive and we did almost die when she was driving cuz she almost turned into the wrong lane and we almost hit a car!! Well that's all I wanted to say. I thought I would tell it like it was, before anyone got her exaggerated version. Till next time...

2 comments:

Karissa (mommy) said...

That sucks that Alicia has migraines. I've never been to the doctor for them because I've only had one. I know it was one because I had all the symptoms of a migraine. I got nautious, and I was watching tv and the sound just started to annoy me and then just looking at the tv annoyed me (I guess I can't explain the feeling any other way). It was so painful and the next day my head didn't hurt, but just walking outside and it being bright bugged me and I couldn't drive in the car with the radio on because it made me feel so crappy. I hope the advice and medication from the doctor helps. Again, I've only had one so I can't imagine having them all the time.

April said...

oh please, you sooo don't rank lower than Kevin on my "V.I.P." list... but we already had plans, if you talked to me earlier, I would have worked something out. But I'm glad you guys didn't crash and burn... you'd think you guys would know the way around GF by now!