Monday, February 14

Happy Valentine's Day (:

I am so proud of myself. I have been trying to put a visitors counter on my blogg for a month now and after several attempts I finally did it!!! :) pretty cool huh? Wait a minute... is it suppose to be on there after every post??


Dwight and I went out to the Ranch with Pat and Dave, for supper Saturday evening. It was our Valentine's meal. Pat and Dave are now proud grandparents for the first time. Their oldest daughter Christy had a beautiful baby girl last week. You can see a picture of Morgan at http://www.innovishealth.com/nursery_frameset.html she was 6 pounds and I think 19"
long. A real keeper. Anything over 3 lbs is, LOL right April? Christy had the same problem that I had when you were born (pre-ecalmpsia), and needed to have her by c-section. They tried to induce her first but it wasn't working. She had her in Fargo (which is where they live). So of course we got to see pictures, they were really nice. Good company and good food and good conversation. It's nice to reconnect with old friends. We use to see each other frequently before our children were born, then like Pat says we drifted apart to raise our families, now that our children are all grown up we have more time to spend with each other.


There is this cheese dip that I use to make all the time for special occasions like Christmas, Thanksgiving, Birthdays etc. Well you get the point. Well a couple of years ago Kraft stopped selling the one of the main ingredients 3 oz cans of finally grated American cheese. After years of looking I have finally found the perfect replacement for it. Can you believe it April?? I made it this weekend and it turned out just great. You will never believe what I did to make this dip. I had some boxes of cheese macaroni and used the macaroni for a hotdish so I had some of the dry cheese mixture left, I was trying to figure out what I could use it for and it hit me! Why didn't I think of it before?? It is the same thing I use to buy for the cheese dip. So I bought 3 boxes of cheese macaroni and used the cheese packets for the dip. It tasted exactly the way we remembered it. I wish I could say we saved some for you April, but it was soooooooooooo good. I will try to make it some time when you come home for a visit.

Last week was a good week at work. All the students slept. It was a first time for one of the boys. He did wake up one time two of the nights but always went back to his room after a drink of water or a trip to the bathroom. Before he would wake up anytime between 1:30 or 3:30 and not go back to sleep until the next evening. So it was great that he was able to sleep. I told him I was so proud of him and you can see it in his face that he is proud of himself too. He is such a nice kid, he just had trouble staying asleep at night and nothing seemed to help. His parents have been taking him to see a Dr. Last week they tried something new, a patch that goes on and stays on for 1 week. Not sure the name of the drug, but it appears to be working. He was out at 2:00 am tonight but after a drink of water went right back to bed. I hope it keeps working for his sake cause I'm sure he is doing better in school when he is getting more than 2 or 3 hours of sleep. Well enough for tonight. Wow I was quite windy today.


1 comment:

Jamie said...

I usually check out a few other blogs each week and happened upon yours today. I read the part of how you are dealing with your MS and must tell you that you are a very positive and strong person.

All the best and enjoy the day. Jamie