Friday, March 4

Frustrated at work

I was so upset when I left work this morning. Or would that be yesterday morning, I get so confused some times. Any way, I feel like venting. I was working with a student that can be hard to handle sometimes especially in the morning. She is special needs but she is also a teenager. Like many teenagers she prefers to sleep in some mornings well pretty much every morning and can be very uncooperative at times. Well yesterday started out that way, she wanted to sleep. I start waking the kids up at 6:30, breakfast is at 7:30. It was about 7:00 when Marsha started to get moving, I was so happy with her. She was doing what I asked her to do. We had just finished doing her hair and she was already dressed by about 7:20 and I thought this is good she will be on time for breakfast for a change. Well the school nurse came over to give meds which she does every morning and today she brought two nursing students from UND. I had just told Marsha that we should go to the bathroom to brush her teeth and as we were walking there to do that, the nurse stops Marsha and decides that she is going to introduce Marsha to these two girls. She had already introduced me so I walk past them to Marsha's room to get her stuff and walked to the bathroom, I held up the toothpaste and brush so Marsha would know that I had it and walked into the bathroom. So she is interested in only one thing. To brush her teeth. She was trying to get past these strangers to do that. The nurse stopped her and decided that this was a good time to give Marsha her medicine. The nurse stood in the door way of the bathroom and would not let Marsha through and told her she needs to take her medicine before she can go and brush her teeth. Marsha was getting mad and refused to take her medicine. This is not unusual she has not taken her medicine in the dorm for a very long time. In fact when I think about it, I can't remember ever seeing her take it in the dorm, She usually takes it over at breakfast in the dining room. Any way the nurse gives up on that idea and lets her through, but she stands in the door way in front of 3 hearing people and says, "You shouldn't sign to her behind my back when I'm trying to get her to take her medicine." I just looked at her and she walk away talking to her student nurses and said she was going to have one of them give her the medicine. I'm thinking whatever. I guess this doesn't make a lot of sense to most of you but it does help to write it out, in fact when I got home I typed up a letter to her telling her I don't appreciate being taught deaf etiquette in front of other people especially when I wasn't signing behind her back, and I have worked here more a lot more years than she has. I put it under her door tonight and she will get it in the morning. I'm sure when she comes over at 7:00 today she will be giving me the cold shoulder. Oh well it won't be the first time. Well I can't think of anything else to say. So until the next time. (The names have been changed to protect the innocent. ) Bye bye

No comments: