Thursday, March 31

What a day.

Last night all the kids were kind of excited or something, I have never had so many of the kids wake up during the night. First Jordan was up at 3:00 am. It was his 10th birthday, so that is understandable. We had 6 extra people here two parents and two children. One that was checking out the school for possible placement here the other was her brother and an older sister. And the last one was an out reach person that teaches in the home for students that are too young to be sent here. Any way Marsha was awake 3 times excited that there may be a new student. Shane, Quinton, and Tanner were all up at least once, for water, and thought they would just stay up. But they didn't get to do that. I managed to get them all off to breakfast with out a problem.
When I got home all I could think about was going to bed, but no that was not going to happen. Alicia had a representative for Job Corp coming over and I really wanted to stay up for that. She showed up at 11:15. I'm glad that I stayed up she was able to answer some questions and was very nice. Dwight came home for lunch at noon and we all visited I know it's what Alicia really wants to do this time, it was her idea and she is getting so excited and even looking forward to going I think. So all in all it has been a good day. Of course I slept until about 8:30 that evening but it was worth it. Then I went to work tonight. Dwight asked me to flip a switch when I walked though the power house. Sounds easy enough right, well I forgot to do it, but I had made my round in record time and figured I would just walk back by going outside. I was in a hurry which you would think by now that I would know better.. But no. So I'm walking on the grass and I stepped in a pot hole and yep I twisted my lt. ankle. The last time it was my right. I put ice on it and it doesn't look to bad there is only a little swelling and it doesn't hurt to bad I can still walk on it. I will pick up a form in the morning and decide if I want to get it X-rayed. At least it will be paid for by workmen's comp. Well as I'm typing this it is starting to throb a little so I guess I better go put it up again and put some ice back on it. Quite the day huh? Just glad it's almost over.

1 comment:

April said...

OH NO! My poor mom, wounded... I hope your ankle feels better tomorrow. Its amazing that it sounds like Alicia is really gonna to go to job corp. I mean FINALLY! I think she just needs to realize that she is worth more to this world, and is capable of doing great things when she really puts her mind to it, so YAY for my sister!