Saturday, March 12

We will miss you Glenn

Well I haven't been blogging much lately. Right after I posted that picture on the 10th. Dwight called me to say that he had this feeling, that he had to go see his dad at the nursing home. Ten minutes from the time he got there his dad passed on. He was glad that he could be there with him when his time came, but I think it has been hard on all of us especially Dwight. Glenn was a warm caring man and he will be missed. Things have been going so fast. It seems like we waited and waited for this to happen knowing that it could happen at any time, and even though it is was a blessing (He had alzhiemers). When it happens it still kind of hits you... Like if only. The last time I saw him at the home he was so thin. He no longer looked like the person that we have come to love. His eyes were sunken in and he had this blank look on his face. Today Dwight and I went to see him at the funeral home. He actually looked better then that last day at the home. It's amazing what they can do with make up. He looked so peaceful. No labored breathing, no mumbling, near the end he couldn't swallow or speak. Today he looked like he was sleeping peacefully. I still got tears in my eyes but after sitting there for awhile I thought... He is in a good place now up there in heaven with his first wife Dolores. I told my daughter today when you see him just remember. That's not your grampa it's just the shell he was using while he was with us here on earth. He is up in heaven raking the clouds and keeping every thing just right. She laughed and said, Yeah that's grampa always keeping busy. Always fixing things and and keeping things just so. We well all miss you Glenn.

No comments: