Wednesday, May 31

Going to the Dentist just sucks!

'border=



Well as I posted last week, I had a root channel on the 24th, had my teeth cleaned on the 26th and I have not been able to eat without pain since the root cannel. Today I had yet another appointment to have them "fix" the tooth that they "fixed" on the 24th. Yeah it was so much fun. They said that my gums were swollen and inflamed and they decided that they should remove the temporary crown so they can make sure that they fixed it right the first time.
Uh gee do I get a vote??! Well, I know normally to remove a temporary tooth after waiting a good two or three weeks it doesn't hurt much, but when it's only been a week and it has hurt the entire time, and my gums are swollen and inflamed, it is not a good thing to start pulling on it. Nope I don't recommend it, not one bit. But they did it any way. After trying about 4 times with a couple different tools (I know she felt bad about it) It finally came out and she says does that feel better? Well ah... Let me think about that for a minute... NO! Not really! Then the Dentist comes in and starts hitting that metal post that he put in there and asks does that hurt. Well it did feel a little better until he did that but , yeah it hurt!! What is it with these people?? They work with this stuff everyday, don't they know that something like that is going to hurt??? I mean really think about it, haven't they ever had any of that stuff done to themselves? I think that they should have to go through some of this stuff so the know how the hell it feels. I realize that it needs to be done... But OUCH, yeah it hurts like hell so stop asking already! Then after the hygienist cleans out the inside of the temp. Then the dentist pushes the damn thing back into my mouth and on to my swollen and inflamed gums then tells me to bite down on this little piece of colored paper several times so he could tell where the temporary crown is hitting my top teeth and starts to drill/shave off some of the temp. Off. (Oh did I say that it hurts when I bite down?) so I don't have to bite on it when I chew. Well it's been 2 hours since I was in there and I guess it's feeling some what better but I don't think I'll be eating steak any time soon, and there is still a slight throb but I'm optimistic that it will feel better some time this week. Ok now I feel a little better after that little rant. Thanks for listening.

No comments: