Wednesday, September 21

My kitchen is almost finished!

Well this last weekend "we" or should I say Dwight got a lot done! The floor is in and the fridge was picked up and is in! WooHoo! We also decided to get a new stove and microwave. Yeah! They will be here this week and then I can call it finished! Dwight will have to figure out how he is going to mount the microwave. It has to go over the top of the stove. The oven/microwave we had before was all in one unit and is no longer made the only place I could find one was on E-bay and the choices were avocado green (ewe) or white and black, but I'm thinking that it would be as old as the one we already have which was harvest gold and in the same condition so why not go all the way and get something new. "Bite the bullet" as Dwight put it. I have been putting some of the stuff back in their places and making a few changes along the way. I'm going through every thing before I decide if it will deserve to be put back into the kitchen. I don't want it to be as cluttered as it was before. We will also have special pick(garbage) for large items the we want to throw out what good timing! I think by this weekend I will be able to take some pictures and post them and you can all see the final results. I was worried about the floor at first because it was so bold that I thought maybe I had gone too far. But once the black fridge was in I loved it! It made a big difference. I can't wait until we get the new oven/stove, which is black and white and the microwave which is black and it will take some time to get use to. The one we have now is very low wattage. The new one will be a good 75% stronger! I'm really looking forward to using it. Well I'm getting tired of typing so until the next time......

No comments: