Monday, September 26

Yayyyyy The Kitchen looks like a Kitchen!!

Well I'm so happy that the kitchen can be used again. Although I didn't complain too much when we had to go out to eat so often. Except for the expense that is, but it really isn't that bad for only two people to eat out.
I 'm getting use to the stove it's so different from my old one. All those buttons. The microwave is the same way. There is a button for every thing, I think it takes me longer to pick a button than it does to cook something LOL. Really though I think once I get use to it I will really like it. Like I said we still have some finishing touches to do, but we will work on them whenever. Under the sink there is a blank drawer. I want to stencil some roses there,but I'm still trying to decide on the colors. Dwight has talked about putting some frosted glass with some kind of sketching on it. We have a neighbor ( someone I graduated high school with) that does that kind of work. Then he wants to put some lighting behind it. I thought that would be cool too. But I'm not so sure what something like that would cost, We will be looking into it. Then over by the stove there is an area we left without wall paper because things are so tight in that area that it would just tare and if we would have kept the old oven none of that area would have been open. But now that we have a different oven/microwave we have to fix that area, it's a good thing that we have extra paper left. One last thing to fix is the small cabinet that is between the stove and fridge, We are not sure if we want to change what we have or order something with the same counter top as the other side. I love the pewter in that display case. I will have to go looking for more things like that to put on the top of the other cupboard. The one above the stove and fridge. Well that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

No comments: